Making Guinness a brilliant place to work
We’ve been changing the way our organisation is structured
so it’s an easier place to work and so we can be more efficient.
Whilst we are changing we’re continuing to invest in our
people to have the skills, knowledge and tools to be truly
empowered. The new structures we have created are
designed to make roles more rewarding, energising
In 2016/17 we:
- Provided new tools and technologies, making our people more
mobile, and invested in our offices to provide great workspaces.
- Increased our e-leaning offer, making it easier and quicker for staff
to access key training requirements.
- Delivered 5.4 learning days per person.
- Helped 276 people take the opportunity to develop their career
through secondments or internal promotion.
- Recognised the commitment of our colleagues at our annual Star
- Celebrated a Guinness Property employee winning the
‘Operational Employee of the Year’ at the Direct Works
- Congratulated our Finance Income Team, who won ‘Credit Team
of the Year’ at the North West Finance Awards.
- Provided £100 Aspire Personal Learning funding to 114 of our
people to help them explore new interests or personal
development opportunities outside of work.
- Started work on our new diversity and inclusion strategy,
making a clear commitment to diversity and inclusion in everything
We are moved by the generosity of our people who raised
thousands of pounds for charity. Just a few of the initiatives staff
have taken part in are Macmillan coffee mornings, the Trussell Trust
Easter egg appeal and Christmas toy appeal, Comic Relief and The
Great Get Together. Colleagues also donated over £6,000 to the
Manchester Arena and Grenfell Tower appeals.